Author Topic: Porto Marie, Curacao  (Read 27264 times)

Admin

• Administrator
Porto Marie, Curacao
« on: April 20, 2018, 07:37:35 PM »

In August of 1998, Amy was seen by two Canadian divers on a popular Curacao diving beach known as Porto Marie. Amy was with two "handlers". One of the "handlers" was identified as Alister Douglas from Rhapsody of the Seas. The Canadians did not immediately report the sighting of Amy. They delayed the reports until they were back in Canada.

The Canadian divers identified Alister Douglas as the person with Amy. Their information was reported to the FBI and the witnesses presented the information to a Federal Grand Jury. It appears that Alister was hired by the people who had Amy after he was fired by Royal Caribbean.

David Carmichael, the diver who testified for the Federal Grand Jury, reported that Amy and two men were walking toward him on the beach, as he and his dive partner were collecting their equipment. Amy started moving directly toward him, as if to speak. The man identified as Alister Douglas quickly stepped between Amy and Carmichael. He gave Carmichael a menacing look. Carmichael was able to get a very good look at Amy. He and his partner went to the outdoor bar a few minutes later, where they could see Amy and her handlers. He described Amy's tattoos and the silver watch she had been given by her boyfriend. The man with Douglas was described as a blonde European type with a ponytail.

Royal Caribbean was very disturbed when they learned that Carmichael had identified Alister Douglas at Porto Marie. They tried to discredit him. They sent lawyers to his home in Canada where they sat at his kitchen table with photographs of Alister Douglas.

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Porto Marie, Curacao
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 07:38:04 PM »

Amy's boyfriend was the manager of a restaurant in Virginia. One of his suppliers gave him a Dos Equis watch, similar to the one above. But Amy's watch was a different color. Amy brought the watch with her on the cruise and she was wearing it when she disappeared. Information about the watch had not been released to the media. David Carmichael accurately described the Dos Equis watch to the FBI, the Bradleys, and the Federal Grand Jury. He has no doubt that he saw Amy in Porto Marie.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 07:39:03 PM »
http://people.com/archive/cover-story-desperate-for-answers-vol-56-no-4/

A search of the ship and an aerial hunt turned up nothing, so the Bradleys stayed on Curacao hoping for word. After four fruitless days they returned to their home in suburban Chesterfield County, Va., setting up a hotline and Web site for information about Amy.

The most intriguing lead came from David Carmichael, 46, a Canadian computer engineer and avid scuba diver, who is certain he saw Amy with two men on the beach in Curaçao in August 1998—five months after she disappeared. “She looked frightened, like she was about to say something, when one of the guys motioned her away and gave me a menacing look,” says Carmichael. He thought nothing of it until that December, when he saw a picture of Amy on America’s Most Wanted. “I was stunned,” says Carmichael, who flew to Virginia to meet the Bradleys. “I am haunted by that encounter with Amy. I know it was her.”

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 07:40:12 PM »
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0107/24/bp.00.html

VAN SUSTEREN: David Carmichael in Detroit, you think you've seen her, don't you?

DAVID CARMICHAEL, WITNESS IN AMY BRADLEY CASE: Yes, I do.

VAN SUSTEREN: Tell us when in relation to her disappearance, under what circumstance and how certain you are.

CARMICHAEL: OK, I'll give you the condensed version. I was actually diving on the island of Burso (ph) in August of 1998. And we had just returned from a late afternoon dive in a dive location called Port of Maria. It's a dive location that's set up for divers and for people to go and sort of swim and they have a small cafe there. We were in process of taking off our dive gear when I noticed three people walking up the beach. There was two guys and a girl, a white guy, a black guy and the girl was trailing them.

As they passed us, I turned around to my buddy who was maybe 15 or 20 feet away from me and I yelled to them and asked him if he had a piece of my dive gear, and just as I did that -- they had past me -- this girl spun around, came right back towards me. She had her sunglasses up on her head. She stared right at me and just as she was about to say something, the black fellow came into my field of vision and motioned her away, didn't touch her. He motioned her away. She turned around, put her head down and followed them over to a small cafe area where they sat and ordered drinks. They were actually by the bar. And every once in a while -- she was facing outwards towards us so every once in a while she would sort of look over towards me and then look back down at the ground. She was sort of resting against a bar stool sort of looking out towards us.

At that point in time, my buddy and I, we went, got a beverage, sat down. Actually quite a ways from us, we couldn't hear what they were talking about and we left before they did.

VAN SUSTEREN: What's your level of certainty, 100 -- well, what -- from zero to a 100 percent?

CARMICHAEL: I'd put it at 100 percent.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 03:02:52 AM »
https://www.drphil.com/slideshows/the-search-for-natalee-amy-bradley/

In August of 1998, a friend, Brian, and I were scuba diving on the island of Curaçao,” David says. “I noticed three people walking along the beach. One of them was a young girl, and she was flanked by two fellows. She had two tattoos. One of them was of a gecko, the other was of a Tasmanian Devil. The girl walked towards me. She started to stare at me. Just as she was about to say something, the fellow motioned her away. In May of 1999, I saw the segment on Unsolved Mysteries. The minute I saw her picture and saw her face, I realized that was the girl on the beach.”

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 05:01:24 AM »

David Carmichael discusses his sighting of Amy at the 2:43 minute mark.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 05:04:00 AM »

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 05:11:41 AM »

Porto Marie is next to Cas Abou.

Truth

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 01:52:52 PM »

Truth

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 01:56:47 PM »

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2021, 07:06:26 AM »

FindAmy

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2023, 02:18:46 PM »
Alister Douglas was identified as one of the handlers with Amy.