Amy Lynn Bradley disappeared from the 'Rhapsody of the Seas' while it was in docking procedures in Curacao on the morning of March 24, 1998. EMAIL: admin@amybradleyismissing.com

Author Topic: Rhapsody of the Seas  (Read 44319 times)

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Rhapsody of the Seas
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 08:53:30 PM »
This was the dock location when Amy disappeared.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2018, 02:55:31 AM »
http://www.lauthmissingpersons.com/after-thirteen-years-mystery-still-surrounds-disappearance-of-amy-lynn-bradley/

Reflecting on the days before Amy’s disappearance, Amy’s mother, Iva Bradley, recalls several members of the crew paying special attention to Amy from the moment they boarded the ship. The day preceding Amy’s disappearance, Amy’s parents were approached by a waiter who asked for Amy by name. The waiter said ‘they’ wanted to take Amy to Carlos and Charlie’s Restaurant while docked in Aruba. Her father recalls thinking the waiter’s request was uncomfortably forward. A short time later, Ron and Iva told their daughter what happened. Both parents are now haunted by Amy’s response, “I wouldn’t go and do anything with any of those crew members. They give me the creeps.”

Creepy didn’t stop there. Later that night, the family attended a party on the upper deck where the band was playing. During the party, Amy, accompanied by her mother, went to the 4th deck photo gallery to view pictures of vacationers that had been taken earlier in the evening. All of the photographs taken of Amy were missing. When they asked the gallery manager where the photos were, he stated he remembered developing them and placing them with the others but was unable to locate them. Iva then asked the photo gallery manager to re-make the photos.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2018, 02:58:20 AM »
https://www.drphil.com/slideshows/the-search-for-natalee-amy-bradley/

Amy’s mother, Iva, explains how the cruise came about. “In 1998 my husband, Ron, won a trip and so we went as a family. Our first stop was Aruba, and then after that was Curuçao. When we were on the ship, we noticed immediately there was a tremendous amount of attention toward Amy from the crew members. After dinner, the waiter came out of the dining room and asked me where Amy was, and I asked him why, and he said, ‘Well, we want to take her to Carlos ‘N Charlie’s.'”

“When the waiter asked, I thought it was maybe a little forward of him to be asking those types of questions,” Ron adds.

“When Amy came back, I said, ‘The waiter wants to take you to Carlos ‘N Charlie’s with his friends.’ And then Amy looked at me and said, ‘They’re creepy. And I’m not going anywhere with them.'”

“There was a dance troupe that was allowed onboard the ship,” Iva continues. “There was a bass player who I noticed. And he was a very unsavory looking character. Amy told her brother, Brad, that the bass player had been hitting on her. She said that he was a real jerk.”

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 09:05:14 PM »
Elizabeth was a witness the morning Amy disappeared. Elizabeth was not one of the two college students who saw Amy with Alister Douglas in the glass elevator.

Elizabeth was a young woman who was on the cruise. A few days before the cruise departed, Elizabeth had been sick and she was on strong antibiotics. Because of the antibiotics, she couldn't go into the sun. She discovered that if she spent time in the disco area, she could see everything that was happening all over the ship. The disco was never closed and there was always someone to talk to.

Elizabeth was in the disco area area early in the morning that Amy disappeared. She watched Amy and Alister Douglas get off of the glass elevator and enter the disco area. Alister Douglas turned the music up and both of them walked to the bar in the disco area. Elizabeth watched Alister Douglas give Amy a drink that contained a dark liquid. It could have been Coke or coffee.

Elizabeth was waiting to take an excursion into Curacao. She left the disco area and waited to disembark from the ship. She recalled seeing a lot of Arab men in their white clothing walking around the cruise terminal. There was an Arab oil tanker docked near Rhapsody of the Seas. Elizabeth returned to the disco bar the next morning. The bartender had previously been very friendly, but he was now being aloof. Elizabeth asked him if he remembered seeing Amy with Alister Douglas in the disco bar, the previous morning. With that, a young Hispanic woman who was working at the bar became very upset. She started telling Elizabeth that that "the seniorita had been kidnapped".

Elizabeth received a subpoena and she did appear in a Federal Grand Jury in Virginia. She testified that Alister Douglas was with Amy before she disappeared.

Indigator

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 07:50:41 PM »

Indigator

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2018, 04:25:19 PM »

Indigator

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2018, 04:26:39 PM »

Indigator

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2019, 03:59:10 PM »
Iva and Amy attended an art auction on Sunday, March 22nd. It was in the open area of the ship. Several times during the auction, Iva looked to the levels above them. A man was leaning on the railing intently watching Amy each time Iva looked up. Amy also noticed this man and mentioned it to Iva. It continued for about an hour, until Iva finally stood up and waved her arms at the man. Iva described the man as Middle-Eastern in appearance and she definitely thinks he was involved with Amy’s disappearance. He reminded Iva of a young Sadam Hussein.

Iva bought a modernist serigraph of a blond woman sitting in a chair, to hang on the wall of Amy's apartment. It's still rolled in its brown cardboard tube.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2021, 01:44:07 AM »
Amy sent two postcards to her friends back home when she was in Puerto Rico.

https://www.internationalcruisevictims.org/LatestMemberStories/Amy_Lynn_Bradley.html

On ‘America’s Most Wanted’, the F.B.I. stated they found no reason for Amy to leave her family or cause harm to herself.  Amy took 15 rolls of film with her to make a collage for her coffee table.  While in Aruba, she bought presents for her friends back home and also sent postcards from Puerto Rico to her friends – On one postcard, she wrote, “Hey Girl, it’s gorgeous here.  We leave for Aruba tomorrow!  Take care, tell Madison and Niles hello.  I’ll be home Sat. at 10:00.  See ya, Amy.”

On another, she wrote, “Hey, it’s beautiful here. Old San Juan has got some amazing buildings. I am taking pictures. Maybe you can see them at Easter?  Wish you were here.  Amy.''

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2021, 01:32:25 AM »

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2021, 01:38:54 AM »
Map of Willemstad, Curacao showing the docks and the canal.

On March 23rd, the Bradleys spent the day touring Aruba. They had rented a car for the day. They returned to the cruise ship for dinner and remained on the ship for the rest of the evening. They took part in activities on the ship. Rhapsody of the Seas left Aruba at about 1:00 AM, for the 70 mile trip to the nearby island of Curacao. The cruise ship remained just off of Curacao for the remainder of the night. At about 5:30AM, the ship was in the canal and began docking at the open Bunker Wharf in in Schottegat Bay.  Amy Bradley left the family's cabin shortly after 5:30AM as the ship was approaching the dock. She was last seen shortly before 6:00 AM on the open upper deck, in the company of Alister Douglas. Witnesses who have given Federal Grand Jury testimony have placed Alister Douglas alone, shortly after 6:00AM.  Amy Bradley had vanished.